Do you have a heart for equipping the local church? Do you have a passion for creating narratives that inspire and inform people? Are you skilled at planning content and engaging with a wide audience of creative contributors? Is researching a variety of topics across a broad range of subjects energizing? Apply today to explore if this is where God is calling you to use your skills next!
As Managing Editor, you will seek to make an eternal impact on the kingdom through supporting the editorial process for LifewayResearch.com and Lifeway Corporate Communications. You will come alongside partners from a wide array of disciplines including writers, other editors, UX, videographers, and the larger Communications team.
As Managing Editor, you will be responsible for building strong relationships both internally and externally. You will manage the production of LifewayResearch.com and e-newsletter, write and edit articles for news media, Lifeway Research, internal channels, and other media outlets.
The Managing Editor:
- Lives out Lifeway’s mission and values, showing deep commitment to Kingdom work
- Works with editorial and research teams, identifies and develops story ideas for LifewayResearch.com
- Manages day-to-day editorial process and an editorial calendar
- Manages freelance writers, evaluating their submissions, and editing articles for publication
- Collaborates with other editors to review articles, images, video and ensure congruency of text and graphics, and approve artwork for the assigned resources
- Works cross-functionally with internal UX teams, internal and external customers
- Serves on editorial leadership team contributing to strategic planning, budgeting, marketing and promotion, new service development
- Strategizes design elements, infographics, and videos with editorial and research teams
- Researches and writes stories for LifewayResearch.com and Corporate Communications
- Travels as needed to cover stories and Lifeway events
Degree in journalism, English, communications, or related field